How we select an ATM?
There is no such defined formula that can assurance you about the security of the ATM selection. Therefore, the ATM user needs to exercise some carefulness when selecting an ATM.
There are some steps to fellow:
• Always go for banking in daylight hours and specially avoid to visiting ATM at weekend night.
• Always choose ATM location which you are most familiar, most nearest point from your home or heavily traveled areas.
• First observe the surroundings of ATM before make any transaction, if there are any person looking you then tries to avoid using ATM this time.
• The best practice is that always go for ATM with any family member or with your best friend.
• Avoid using if you find any other machine or code reader attached with the ATM machine.
• Always select the ATM that is monitored by bank security or with security camera.
Using an ATM
• Be careful when any strangers offer to help you at an ATM, even if your card is block by machine or you are experiencing difficulty with the transaction.
• Check your surrounding any other person in the queue keep an acceptable distance from you.
• Stand very close to the ATM and shield the keypad with your hand when keying in your PIN code otherwise any other person can guess your number.
• Press the Cancel key on keyboard when you find the ATM is not working properly and withdraw your card. Avoid force your card into the card slot.
• Always keep your printed transaction record so that you can compare your ATM receipts to your monthly statement.
• If your card jammed in ATM, report this immediately to the bank.
Manner to use your ATM
• Try to memorize your PIN code and avoid writing it down on public access book, doing so on secret book.
• Never tell your PIN to any third person, whether to family member, office staff.
• Avoid using easily guessable numbers for your PIN code for example your date of birth, your phone number and others.
• Change your PIN code on weekly basis.
• Weekly check your account balance and bank statements if you find any problem, contact to your bank immediately.